Getting to Göttingen
The most convenient airports to reach Göttingen are Frankfurt am Main and Hannover Airport. Although Frankfurt a. M. is a little further from Göttingen than Hannover, airfares are often cheaper via this route. There is public transport connecting the airports to the central stations (Hauptbahnhof/Hbf) of both cities, from where you can take a direct train to Göttingen. There are also direct trains connecting the long-distance train station (Fernbahnhof) at Frankfurt a. M. Airport to Göttingen. For train schedules and fares please visit the website of the German Railway (Deutsche Bahn).
Getting to the conference venue
By public transportation
From Göttingen train station (Göttingen Bahnhof), you can take a taxi (15 min, approx. 15 €) to the Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry. Alternatively, you can take the bus no. 21 or 23 (route map) at the train station and get off at the bus stop Faßberg (about 17 min). The conference venue is just a few minutes’ walk from the bus stop. The bus stops and the venue are marked in the map below.
You can buy the bus ticket from the driver and validate it with the machine on the bus. The single ticket for adults (Einzelfahrkarte) is 2.10 €, or you can buy 4 single-ride tickets (Viererkarte) for 7.50 €. The day ticket (Tageskarte) is 5.20 €. For more information about the bus fares please visit the bus company’s webpage.
- Go to the interactive bus network map.
- Click on your starting bus stop and select “als Start übernehmen” in the pop-up menu.
- Then, click on your destination and select “als Ziel übernehmen”.
- In the box on the right, enter your departure time and then click “Abfrage starten” to start your inquiry.
(Alternatively, you can enter the address directly and the website will look for the nearest bus stop.)
- In the result page, you will find different possible connections to your destination. You can check the details of the connection by simply clicking on it. You can find the information about the bus routes and the map (Karte) showing where the bus stops are located.
Leave highway A7 (Hannover-Kassel) at the exit 72-Göttingen-Nord for B27 toward Göttingen-Holtensen/Göttingen-Weende/Braunlage. After 500 m turn right at B27. After 6 km turn left at Am Faßberg/K5 (signs for Göttingen-Nikolausberg).